- Log into your SendGrid account.
- Navigate to Settings on the left navigation bar, and then select API Keys or follow the link.
- Click the Create API Key button on the top-right of the page to create a new API key.
- Inside the API Key Name field, enter a name for your API key. Something like Customers.ai is a good option.
- In the API Key Permissions section, select either Full Access or Restricted Access. If you decide to restrict access, be sure that the key has access to the following options:
Sender Authentication - Full Access
Event Notification - Full Access
Click Tracking - Full Access
Open Tracking - Full Access
Subscription Tracking - Full Access
- Click the Create & View button. You will be presented with your SendGrid API key.
- Copy your API key. For security reasons, SendGrid will only show you your API Key once.