SMS Getting Started
The first thing you need to do is activate your sms number. To do this click the blue "Activate Button" on the bottom left.
You will then see the following screen.
You can now choose between United States and Canada and your area code.
One you choose your area code you can move to the next step which is building an audience to send to.
Now choose "New Audience" and you will see a panel slide out from the right side.
After you click "Add filter" you will be presented with the following options.
- Filter by tag - This will show you all of the tags you have added throughout your dialogues.
- Filter by attribute - This is where we will choose "Buying a Car" attribute.
- Filter by active within 24 hours - This will show you all the leads that have been active within the last 24 hours. If you don't know, Facebook only allows you to send "free" messages to contacts who have been active within the last 24 hours.
- Filter by Platform (You can choose one or all)
- Facebook Messenger
- SMS (This will filter out those contacts that have a phone number)
Choose the attribute "Buying a Car" and then type the value of "Buying a Car". Then hit save.
Now hit save and your audience is created.
If you have an existing list of subscribers you can import them here:
Let's Send An SMS Blast
Click the "Create Chat Blaster" button on the top right.
Make sure you choose "SMS"
Select your audience. This can be either the audience you created manually, an audience you imported or one that people opted in for.
Now if you already have created a dialogue for SMS you can choose it from the dropdown. If you have not you will need to create one using the "add widget" link.
You want to make your message short and sweet and try not to make it too complex because SMS works a bit differently than Messenger.
You could do something simple like this:
We are thanking them for opting in and asking if they want to be reminded of special deals by email. Just a few responses is all you want to use with SMS.
Your last step is to choose whether you want to send this SMS Blast immediately or at a scheduled time.