Who should I target on my Click-to-Messenger ads?
Not sure who to target for your Messenger as? Check out the following guidelines:
- If you're already running other FB ads in your ad account, you can target the same audience used in those ads. CTM ads are just like those other ad, they just take users to a different destination (Messenger vs. a website landing page).
- If you're targeting a very small target market, you can just use location targeting. For example, a hair salon in Los Angeles may simply want to target all users in LA and perhaps a few neighboring cities,
- Try Facebook's lookalike audience. You can create a lookalike audience as long as you have a source audience. Here is a list of sources you can use:
- Email addresses from existing customers: Upload your email list into Facebook as a custom audience and use that as the source for your lookalike. Check out this helpdoc for more detailed instructions.
- Website visitors: If you have the Facebook pixel installed on your website, create an audience of website visitors/purchasers and use that as the source for your lookalike. Check out Step 2 of this helpdoc for more detailed instructions.
- Contacts on your Facebook page: These are people who have previously messaged your page. Simply sync your audience to Facebook and use that as a source for your lookalike audience. Check out this helpdoc for more detailed instructions.
- Followers on your Facebook page: Use your page followers as the source for your lookalike audience. Check out Step 2 of this helpdoc for more detailed instructions.
- If you are starting from scratch and don't have an email list or any page followers, you can get started using Facebook's interest targeting. In your Ad Set setup, click edit in the "Detailed Targeting" section.You can search for a specific keyword or browse Facebook's main categories. Choose some interests/demographic buckets that most resonate with your target market: