Review connection with the Instagram Account
In some cases after the Instagram account was connected, Facebook requires a review to be completed. Without completing the review API usage is limited and your bot will not be able to respond.
Follow the steps below to complete the review:
- Go to the connected Facebook Page's Settings -> Instagram
- There should be a notice for you to review the connection between Facebook page and the Instagram account. (This does not show on Facebook Pages on the New Pages Experience)
- You will be asked to Confirm connection. If you are logged in on a Facebook profile that does not have Admin access to the Facebook page, you will not see the Confirm connection button.
- Once the connection is confirmed, you will see this message. Go back to MobileMonkey/InstaChamp platform, reload your Page and try to connect the Instagram Page again.
At this point the bot should start responding to incoming messages.
For New Pages
- Switch to the Facebook Page where the Instagram Page is connected. Once you switched AS the Facebook page, go to Linked Accounts > Instagram or use this link then click on Disconnect Account.
- Make sure that your Instagram Page is set to Professional (either Business or Creator). Then, reconnect the Instagram Page to the Facebook Page again.
- On the Instagram mobile Application, enable third-party access to messages. You can refer to this help document on how to do this on the mobile App.
- Go back to MobileMonkey/InstaChamp and clear the error, then reload the Page. The Error message should disappear if all the conditions above are fulfilled.